Friday, September 11, 2009

Bliss

Wow. I'll say it again. Wow! Who knew one would feel so deprived after a five-month summer break that they would actually enjoy going back to school? Well, besides my computer science class, and quite possibly my abstract algebra class, I'm really looking forward to this semester. The true measure of a math geek? Give up your "fun" class* in order to take a fourth math class. ^__^Yes, I think I have officially crossed the borderline between geek and insanity. I think I do this partly as punishment for myself, but also because I secretly enjoy it. Yes, I enjoy taking grueling courses and slamming my head on my desk everytime I spend more than an hour on a particular subject of math or three hours on a computer program. Okay, so I secretly like being a math major because I like the responses I get when I tell people (You like math? Really?). Yes, yes I like math. Obviously. Otherwise I wouldn't have a blog about it. (That's a duh.) But from the first two days of classes, I can tell that I'm going to be learning some interesting topics (death from overload not included).

So while I don't know if anyone actually reads my blog (I do this for my own enjoyment), I'll probably be putting up some of the cool ideas I learn. If the fancy to post them to my blog comes to me. And provided I haven't already suffered brain damage from overdose of mathiness...is such a thing possible? Don't answer that. So, wish me luck and that I will survive the homework load. And that I'll still have a social life (or at least a semblance of one).

P.S. My roommate has a pi locker. ^_____^









*Btw, this
was a religion class where you read the Old Testament in Hebrew. Fun? YES!!! Tons of work in an already demanding schedule? *sigh* Yeah. So honestly, between the two classes, it's the same amount of work...but one actually helps me with my major. Hopefully this class will be offered again...taught by the same professor.

No comments: